Facebook Messenger Rooms: How to make video calls on the PC and smartphone. Facebook officially launches Messenger Rooms: this way you can make video calls with 50 people on the PC and on the smartphone. Facebook already allows video calls with up to 50 people thanks to its new Messenger Rooms tool. Learn how to do them on your smartphone and PC.
Facebook Messenger Rooms
A few weeks ago, Facebook announced the arrival of its new tool to make video calls with up to 50 people in a single chat. Well, this is now a reality. Through Messenger Rooms, any user can join and talk to several people at the same time.
How is it done? This does not require Facebook Messenger to update. Best of all, it is enabled for both the computer and the application of the social network.
Best of all, Messenger Rooms doesn’t require callers to have a Facebook account. They will only have to receive an invitation link on their smartphone or computer and enter a name by which they will appear on the call.
Also, it is not necessary to install another application to be able to make a video call of 50 people with Facebook. Everything is within the same platform. Here we show you how it is done on the PC and on the smartphone.
Messenger Rooms: How to Make Video Calls With 50 People on the Pc
- The first thing we have to do is open our favorite browser. Then there write the Facebook website.
- Once inside, go to the list of currently connected users in Messenger.
- At the bottom of this section you will see a small camera in which a “+” sign is imposed on it.
- Press on it and Messenger Rooms will start
- To continue, you will be asked for permission to use only your microphone and your webcam.
- When you have clicked on “Allow” you will see that a screen will open to start video calls. Press if you want to enter your Facebook friends or copy the link so that external people can join the meeting.
- The person, even if they do not have Facebook, can join the link without problems. You can even cancel it whenever you want.
Messenger Rooms: How to Make Video Calls With 50 People in the Cell Phone
- Unlike the PC, here you must download the Messenger application from Facebook.
- When you log in with your user, you will see the list of your connected friends.
- Click on the “People” section and “Create a room” will appear at the top.
- Click on “Create a room” and you can share your link to all the friends you want to join the video call.
- Just like on the PC, everyone who receives your link can join the video call without the need for a Facebook account.
Video calls from Facebook Messenger Rooms are completely free and will soon be available using WhatsApp. It can be very useful for teleworking and virtual school classes.
How to Make Video Calls of 50 People in Whatsapp
This new function can be done thanks to Facebook Rooms, the new Facebook video calling platform that came on the market in April and allows users to create videoconference rooms. Find out how it will be done on WhatsApp:
- You must first open WhatsApp on your cell phone.
- Then you must click on the options where you can share a photo, video, file, among others.
- There you will place a new logo that has a kind of video camera with a symbol drawn. Click on it and a window will open that will synchronize your conversation with Messenger Rooms.