UFC Fight Night 173 Results
“Age is just a number”, says a well-known saying. And that knows Glover Teixeira, who at 40 years has returned to the main scene of the light heavyweight division of UFC. This after defeating Anthony Smith, fourth place in the ranking, by technical knockout in Wednesday’s main event in Florida.
Although the first round was of study, Teixeira began his expanded his domain from the second jump. Throughout the match, the Brazilian veteran was able to finish it earlier, either by technical knockout or by submission; however, ‘Lionheart’ survived every situation.
Smith vs. Teixeira
Already in the fifth round, Teixeira sent him to the ground and began to hit him until the referee stopped the fight. With this, the Brazilian added his fourth consecutive victory and will rise to the top 5 of the division that reigns Jon Jones.
“I love challenges, I want to continue fighting with the best in the division. Sometimes you have to open your eyes and make the necessary changes, that’s what I did, “said Glover Teixeira, who already holds the record for the most finishes in the light heavyweight category, 11.
UFC Fight Night: Event Results
- Ben Rothwell beat Ovince Saint Preux by split decision – heavyweight
- Drew Dober beat Alexander Hernández by TKO – lightweight
- Ricky Simon beat Ray Borg by split decision – bantamweight
- Andrei Arlovski beat Philipe Lins by unanimous decision – heavyweight
- Thiago Moisés defeated Michael Johnson by submission – lightweight.
- Sijara Eubanks beat Sarah Moras by unanimous decision – bantamweight
- Omar Morales defeated Gabriel Benítez by unanimous decision – lightweight
- Brian Kelleher defeated Hunter Azure by knockout – featherweight
- Chase Sherman defeated Isaac Villanueva by a technical knockout – heavyweight
Dana White’s company will continue betting on the events behind closed doors and complying with all provisions ordered by the authorities in order not to expose the health of the fighters and employees in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
Last Saturday, UFC 249 was developed with great success. Now, this Wednesday, the Ultimate Fighting Championship wants to repeat an impeccable day with an attractive billboard aimed at followers of this contact sport.
The outstanding match of the evening will be starring Anthony Smith and Glover Teixeira, who will seek a victory with the intention of escalating in the ranking that will tempt a starting fight against Jon Jones, current light heavyweight champion.
Smith, who has already lost to the reigning monarch, is ranked third in the division’s rankings. While Teixeira is ranked eighth and despite his recent victories, he does not start as a favorite to win.
Anthony Smith is emerging as the possible winner of the night due to the good punch and the good soil he has, qualities that he has demonstrated in his last eight victories that he got before the limit.
On the other hand, the collision between Ben Rothwell and Ovince Saint Preux also has some appeal for UFC fans. Despite the fact that both fighters have had discreet presentations in recent events.
UFC Fight Night: What is the star card this Wednesday, May 13?
- Anthony Smith vs Glover Teixeira: light heavyweight.
- Ben Rothwell vs Ovince Saint Preux: heavyweight.
- Alexander Hernández vs Drew Dober: lightweight.
- Ricky Simon vs. Ray Borg: Bantamweight.
UFC Fight Night: What is the preliminary card this Wednesday, May 13?
- Andrei Arlovski vs Philipe Lins: heavyweight.
- Michael Johnson vs. Thiago Moises: Lightweight.
- Sijara Eubanks vs Sarah Moras: Bantamweight.
- Gabriel Benítez vs Omar Antonio Morales Ferrer: lightweight.
- Hunter Azure vs Brian Kelleher: featherweight.
- Chase Sherman vs Isaac Villanueva: heavyweight.
UFC Fight Night: What time does the event start this Wednesday, May 13?
- Peru 5:00 pm / 8:00 pm
- Mexico 5:00 pm / 8:00 pm
- Colombia 5:00 pm / 8:00 pm
- Ecuador 5:00 pm / 8:00 pm
- Bolivia 6:00 pm / 9:00 pm
- Chile 6:00 pm / 9:00 pm
- Paraguay 6:00 pm / 9:00 pm
- Venezuela 6:00 pm / 9:00 pm
- Argentina 7:00 pm / 10:00 pm
- Uruguay 7:00 pm / 10:00 pm
- Brazil 7:00 pm / 10:00 pm
- Spain 0:00 hrs. (May 14) / 3:00 am (May 14)
*** The schedules are ordered according to the start of the preliminaries and stellar
UFC Fight Night: Which channels will broadcast the event this Wednesday, May 13?
Star billboard: ESPN + (United States), DAZN (Spain), Fighting Sports Network (Mexico) and Fox Sports (Chile) and ESPN (Colombia, Argentina, Peru and the rest of Latin America).
Preliminary card: ESPN + (United States), UFC Fight Pass (Spain), Fighting Sports Network (Mexico) and Fox Sports (Chile) and ESPN (Colombia, Argentina, Peru and the rest of Latin America).