Ashes 2019 Teams & Squads of England: England declared the team for the first Test; Stokes vice-captain, Archer for the first time in the team. England announced the 14-man squad on Saturday for the first Test match against Australia. Ben Stokes has been made vice-captain for this match at Birmingham, while Jopra Archer has been given the place for the first time in the team.
Ashes 2019 Teams & Squads
- Australia-England will be the first Test of the Ashes series from August 1
- James Anderson returns in the only Test against Ireland
- Not given place to Jack Leach, who scored 92 against Ireland
This will be their debut series. Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler were rested for the only test match against Ireland. However, now both of them have returned to the team. Surprisingly, Jack Litch, who scored 92 runs as a night watchman in the only Test against Ireland, was not given a place in the squads. James Anderson has still not been able to recover from injury, though he has been included in the team.
- Jofra Archer was included in the Test Squad giving the gift of his fantastic performance in the World Cup 2019. Archer had taken 20 wickets in the World Cup and he proved to be the highest wicket-taker English bowler. He also put the superhero in the final match.
- Surprisingly happy after getting a place in the Test team, Archer is restless about his performance. He said, “I think my record is better than the white ball (Limited Over Match) in the red ball (first-class match). That’s why I can not wait much for the occasion. ” Let’s say Archer has taken 131 wickets in 28 first-class matches.
- Archer recently revealed that the injury during the World Cup had caused him much trouble. During this, he suffered severe pain and without having to use painkillers, he was unable to play. However, he did not have any problem during playing a T20 match on July 26.
- Apart from Archer, 5 other bowlers have also been given the place in the team. Anderson is not expected to fit into the first Test of the series against Ireland due to injury in the shank. There are also bowlers like Stuart Broad, Ollie Stone and Sam Kerren in the team.
- Ben Stokes has once again become the vice-captain of the team. In September 2017, the responsibility was snatched from the incident in Bristol’s nightclub. But with his performance in the World Cup finals, England Cricket Board’s chairman Colin Graves agreed to make him the vice-captain again.
Ashes 2019 Teams – England squad for first Ashes Test
Joe Root (c), Moin Ali, James Anderson, Joofra Archer, Johnny Bayestost, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Sam Karen, Joe Denly, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Chris Woakes and Olly Stone.