Good Friday: Good Friday Quotes, Good Friday Wishes, Good Friday Images & Good Friday Greetings. Good Friday is a Christian festival in which the death of Jesus of Nazareth is commemorated. It is celebrated during Holy Week, after Holy Thursday, and before Easter or Easter Sunday.
This day, the Catholic Church sends its faithful, as a penance, to observe fasting and abstinence from meat. Neither is the Eucharist celebrated, but the liturgy of the Lord’s Passion.
Good Friday is, fundamentally, a day of mourning during which the crucifixion of Jesus Christ on Calvary is remembered, who sacrifices himself to save humanity from sin and give him eternal life. Hence, the cross has been taken as the symbol of glory for the worship of Christians.
In this regard, Peter writes in the Bible: “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, to bring us to God, being truly dead in the flesh, but quickened in the spirit” (1 Peter, 3:18)
Good Friday Customs
Cover images of Jesus
This day, in the churches, the images -mainly the crucifix- are covered with purple cloth, as a sign of the absence of Jesus.
Good Friday Quotes and Wishes
- “Christmas and Easter can be subjects for poetry, but Good Friday, like Auschwitz, cannot. The reality is so horrible it is not surprising that people should have found it a stumbling block to faith.”
- “The dripping blood our only drink,
The bloody flesh our only food:
In spite of which we like to think
That we are sound, substantial flesh and blood–
Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good.”
- “If Christ is God, He cannot sin, and if suffering was a sin in and by itself, He could not have suffered and died for us. However, since He took the most horrific death to redeem us, He showed us in fact that suffering and pain have great power.”
- “Maybe the Good Friday story is about how God would rather die than be in our sin-accounting business anymore.”
- “Easter is a time when God turned the inevitability of death into the invincibility of life.”
The purpose is to give to the liturgy the characteristic sobriety of the recollection that calls the death of Jesus and to reflect on the mystery of the passion, death, and resurrection of Christ.
The images are discovered on Easter Sunday, as a symbol of the Resurrection of Jesus.
Dressing the Virgin Mary in mourning
The image of the Virgin Mary is dressed in black as a sign of her mourning and deep sorrow for the death of Jesus. Some members of the parish also assume this color of clothing to symbolize mourning.
Pray the Way of the Cross
It is customary to pray the Way of the Cross, also known as the Way to the Cross. With this prayer, Jesus is accompanied in his final hours, while the fourteen moments (or fourteen seasons) are reviewed, from his sentence to his death and burial.
More Information About Happy Easter
|Best Easter Egg Designs||What is Good Friday|
|Easter Holidays||Easter in the Uk|
|Happy Easter Quotes||Happy Easter Images|
|How to Paint Easter Eggs||Happy Easter Pictures|
|Easter Sunday Day in the USA||Easter Sunday Day in Canada|
Meditate on the 7 words of Jesus
This day, we also meditate on the seven words, the last seven words that Jesus pronounced on the cross.
The faithful reflect on the meaning they could have and interpret the way they adapt to the different situations of life that the whole world goes through.
Adoration to the cross
It is a tradition to participate in the liturgy of adoration of the cross, which closes the liturgical celebration of the death of the Lord. The purpose is to accompany Jesus in suffering.
Pray the Creed
At three o’clock in the afternoon, the moment of the crucifixion is usually remembered, praying the Apostles’ Creed.
Commemoration of the death of Jesus
During the night, the death of Christ is commemorated with solemn hymns, prayers of thanksgiving, as well as a message centered on Christ’s suffering for us.
Representation of the Way of the Cross
It is one of the most popular traditions of Good Friday, in it are dramatized, with actors, each of the most important moments of the way of Jesus to the top of Mount Calvary. This staging allows us to relive the journey of Jesus to Calvary.
Good Friday Greetings
- “Practice mercy and forgiveness throughout as a lesson that symbolizes the love shown through his crucifixion.”
- “In this sublime hour, therefore, He calls all His children to the pulpit of the Cross, and every word He says to them is set down for the purpose of an eternal publication and an undying consolation.”
- “Good Friday is all about:-
Family, Friends, Fish and Faith.
So celebrate today.”
Good Friday 2019 Inspirational Quotes For Instagram: Hello friends hope you are looking for HD Jesus Christ Wallpapers for this Good Friday 2019. As you all know that Good Friday is coming soon. In Good Friday is on 19 April and All Christians are waiting for Good Friday 2019.
- “Jesus is the God whom we can approach without pride and before whom we can humble ourselves without despair.” » Blaise Pascal
- “To holy people the very name of Jesus is a name to feed upon, a name to transport. His name can raise the dead and transfigure and beautify the living.” » John Henry Newman
- “Thinking of You on Good Friday and praying that the Lord keeps you in his Loving care always.”
- “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” » Bible – Peter, 2: 24
- “Mercy Peace and Love, May the grace and Lord Surround you and be with you On Good Friday”
In this article, we are providing you a beautiful collection of Good Friday Jesus Christ Inspirational Quotes For Instagram. Christians are willing to download and collect some best Inspirational Quotes so in this article we have collected some best pics and background images of Jesus Christ.
Good Friday Inspirational Quotes For Instagram
Good Friday 2019 is on 19 April this year and all Christian’s Community celebrate it all over the world. So for this in this article, we have collected some best images for Good Friday2019 for Pinterest.
- “May on this Good Friday we start it with Fasting & Prayers so that we can bring God’s mercy & forgiveness on all mankind. Let’s Pray together.”
- “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die’” » John 11:25-26
- “2,000 years ago one man got nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be if everyone was nice to each other for a change.” » Douglas Adams
- “The dripping blood our only drink, The bloody flesh our only food: In spite of which we like to think that we are sound, substantial flesh and blood -Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good.” » T.S. Eliot
- “Exalt the Cross! God has hung the destiny of the race upon it. Other things we may do in the realm of ethics, and on the lines of philanthropic reforms; but our main duty converges into setting that one glorious beacon of salvation, Calvary’s Cross, before the gaze of every immortal soul.” » Theodore Ledyard Cuyler
You can share these beautiful Good Friday 2019 Jesus Christ Motivational Wallpapers with your friends, family, relatives, boss, teachers. Don’t forget to Share these Happy Easter Images on Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest and social sites.
You May Also Like This
|Maundy Thursday Quotes||Happy Easter Images|
|Maundy Thursday Images||Easter Messages|
|Maundy Thursday Wishes||Easter USA, Canada|
|Maundy Thursday Greetings||Easter Images|
|Happy Easter Quotes||Easter Wishes|