Sisters Day Wishes, Sisters Day Quotes, Sisters Day Images: ‘Valentine’s Day’ will not be celebrated in this university, will be celebrated on ‘Sisters Day‘ A University of Pakistan has announced the ‘Sisters Day’ instead of ‘valentines day’. Here is a debate on Valentine’s Day marking the share of Western culture.
Sisters Day 2020: Wishes, Quotes, Images
A University of Pakistan has announced ‘Sisters Day’ instead of ‘Valentines Day‘. There is a debate on the valentines day marking the share of Western culture. Agriculture University, Faisalabad (U.A.F.) in the province of Punjab said that this decision has been taken to promote the culture of Eastern countries and Islamic traditions among the youth.
- “Sister. 1) A best friend for life. 2) Player of dress up. 3) Teller of stories. 4) Keeper of secrets.” –Unknown
- “There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you.” –Unknown
- “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.” –Unknown
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” –Amy Li
- “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” –Marion Garretty
- “Our roots may say that we’re sisters, but our hearts know that we’re friends.” –Unknown
The Vice-Chancellor, Zafar Iqbal, has been written on the university’s website, “Women are more powerful in our culture and they get respect as being sisters, mother, daughter and wife.” He said, “We are forgetting our culture and Western culture is gathering roots in our society.”
Empowering Sister Day Quotes
- “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within a family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” –Margaret Mead
- “Sisterhood is powerful.” –Robin Morgan
- “Sisters share grown-up dreams and childhood memories.” –Unknown
- “There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister.” –Tia Mowry
- “There is no better friend in this world than a sister, and no sister in the world is better than you.” –Unknown
“The university is considering the plans for sharing scarves, shawls, and gowns with the marks of the university among the female students,” said the statement issued on the website. “University spokesman Kamar Bukhari told that The UAF is seeking donations for distributing scarves covering at least 1000 students of their 14,000 students. He said that the motive for this change is women Ensuring respect.
Funny Sister Day Quotes
- “I grin because you are my sister. I laugh because I know there’s nothing you can do about it.” –Unknown
- “Your sister always knows when you’ve been bad or good – more than Santa Claus ever could.” –Unknown
- “Sisters teach us about cooperation, fairness, caring and kindness. Oftentimes, they teach us these lessons the hard way.” –Unknown
- “Being sisters means you always have back up.” –Unknown
Valentines Day is becoming increasingly popular among the youth of Pakistan. Many young people celebrate this day by giving cards, chocolates and gifts to their lovers. In 2017, the Islamabad High Court barred the celebration of Valentines Day in public places and government offices across the country.
Over the past year, the country’s media regulators were also warned on promoting Valentines Day on TV and radio stations. However, people on social media are rejecting this initiative of the university. Some people have to say that Sisters Day can also be linked to the Hindu festival Raksha Bandhan.