Christmas can be a very special moment, especially if we have children. A few weeks before, the Christmas spirit takes over the streets, shops and public places. But, above all, it reaches our home. Far from the typical Christmas tree, there are many more options to decorate our house, and much very fun and original, such as ornaments for the doors.
A door, either the street or the room, is the entrance to a new world, and that place can be full of Christmas magic if the decoration is right. That is why in this article of unCOMO we bring you the best ideas to create Christmas decorations for doors. Take note!
How to Make Christmas Decorations for Doors
Before getting down to work, a good idea is to make a list with the materials that we have at home or that we could acquire at a good price to make our Christmas decorations for doors.
- Christmas in London
- Christmas in Britain
- Christmas in Russia
- Christmas in Italy
- Christmas in France
- Christmas in Argentina
- History of Christmas in America
Materials for Christmas Crafts
Among the best materials to make Christmas decorations at home, are the following:
And, of course, anything else that can serve us, such as socks or gloves, very typical in homemade Christmas decorations.
On the other hand, it is important that we review all the elements related to Christmas that come to mind, such as the following:
In this way, we will only have to unite both and let the imagination flow!
Christmas Ornaments for Doors – Handmade Wreaths
If you are determined to create a Christmas decoration for the home door in a completely homemade way, here are some great ideas to make Christmas wreaths. You will obtain incredible and super original results!
1. Christmas Wreath of Plugs and Buttons
First, you will have to get the base of your Christmas wreath, which can be perfectly a piece of cardboard or cardboard in the form of a Rosco. If you are a minor, ask an adult for help in trimming the base of your Christmas wreath. Once you have it, with the help of a glue, attach the plugs and/or buttons that you have to your crown.
- Best Christmas Markets in Europe
- Christmas Recipes Around the World
- Best Christmas Markets in the World
- Best Places to Travel for Christmas
If it can be, choose plugs and buttons of white and red, since they are the colors that are most associated with this date so indicated. Finally, add a nice bow with some fabric you have at home. The result will be spectacular. And best of all: you will do it super fast and it will not have cost you even one euro!
2. Christmas Wreath With Eva Rubber
The rubber Eva is a material widely used in various children’s crafts, as its thickness and texture are perfect for many things. In this case, we can use eva glue to make Christmas shapes for our homemade Christmas wreath. For example, if we want something simple, we can make heart-shaped cuts and then join them together, sewing them in a rounded shape, or by gluing them to a homemade base that we would previously make for our crown with cardboard or cardboard, following the example previous.
If you want, instead, make a Christmas ornament for the doors more elaborated with rubber Eva, one idea is to decorate the base of the crown to taste, and make a reindeer or Santa Claus with eva rubber trimmings, which we could join then, placing it in the center of the crown.
Of course, if you prefer, instead of rubber Eva can do it felt! If you like that material, you will surely love this other article about Crafts with felt.
3. Christmas Wreath With Fabric
Another original idea to make Christmas decorations for the doors is to make a Christmas wreath with colored fabrics. To do this, first select the fabrics you want to use. It is better if you use fabrics of various colors, so the adornment will be more colorful and will be more fun. Once you have it, prepare a base for your crown with cardboard or wood, as we had mentioned before.
Now, all you have to do is wrap the fabric along the entire crown. You can use a glue to join the pieces. And, voila! You will have your Christmas wreath with the handmade cloth.
However, imagination has no limits! You can make a wooden Christmas wreath, paint it and add a nice bow, make a wreath with pinecones … or whatever you can think of!
4. Christmas Wreath With Cork
Another good option and the original sea is to make a cork Christmas wreath. Of course, during the year you will have to collect the corks from the wine bottles. Although you can also go to a bar and ask to be saved, which may be much faster.
The process to do it is very similar to the previous ones. As a result of a crown base, such as a cut-out cardboard, you will have to stick the cork stoppers until you get the desired shape.
Christmas Crafts – Other Decorations for Doors
In addition to the ideas that we mentioned in the previous section, there are other very simple ways to decorate the door of your house, such as:
- Hanging socks: although they are usually put in the fireplace, it is also very original to hang it on the door of the house. Inside, you can put candies, chocolates, candy canes, or whatever else you can think of.
- Christmas lights: another very simple idea to decorate the doors at Christmas, is to place lights. For example, you can screw the light on the doorknob, or place it around a tree or plant nearby, if you have a garden. Nowadays, there are Christmas lights that work with batteries, so you will not have to worry about having a plug.
- Welcome posters: you can also hang posters of “Merry Christmas” or other Christmas messages at the entrance of your home. You can accompany these notes with lights, ribbons or bows, depending on what you have on hand.
- Advent Calendar: Another super original idea to decorate the door at Christmas is to create a giant advent calendar. That is very fun if you have small children at home, it is also supersensible. It will be enough with sticking cuttings of papers with the number of the month in the door. Inside you must add the chosen candy or chocolate (it is better than it is wrapped).
- Christmas tree: you can also make a wooden or cardboard Christmas tree and paste it on the wall of your home, as we show you in the image below. This can be very fun to do as a family, besides giving it a very original Christmas touch.