Singer 8280I Sewing Machine: Welcome to our guide on the Singer 8280I sewing machine! Singer 8280I is an automatic sewing machine of great simplicity and ease of use. It does not have large functions, but with the necessary and basic for those who start in the world of sewing.
Singer 8280I Sewing Machine
Singer 8280I has only 8 stitch programs, it is quite heavy and its design is quite simple, but it is a great purchase. It is perfect for those who have never had a sewing machine and look for a product that is easy to use, hassle-free and has the basics to start sewing.
Technical characteristics of Singer 8280I
The Singer 8280I sewing machine is simple, easy to use and does not require much knowledge in sewing for its use. It is an ideal purchase for people who have never used a sewing machine, ideal for beginners. With this machine, a quick and easy threading is achieved.
It has dimensions of 34 x 16 x 28 cm and weighs 7 kilos. That is to say, it is a rather heavy sewing machine and it occupies a lot. It has 8 stitch programs, including automatic buttonhole, so it is quite basic but sufficient for those who do not require high demands.
With its stitch programs, it allows straight stitching, zig-zag stitching, invisible stitches, darning stitches, finishing stitches, hems with the effect of coaches, embroidery stitches or decorative stitches, and seams with elastics. It is the most basic model of the Singer brand, without any complications.
Being such a simple model, it is not a machine that can be recommended for professional use. It does not have the functions and features necessary to carry out a professional and intensive use of this machine.
Thanks to the narrow free arm that this model has, it leaves more than enough space to handle perfectly circular pieces (like sleeves, pants hems, among others). Make stitches with a length of up to 4 mm and a width of up to 5 mm.
Singer 8280I is a product that includes seam/brush, oil, needle pack, universal presser foot, zipper foot, presser foot for buttonholes, presser foot for sewing buttons, screwdriver in L, 3 reels, sewing guide, sewing iron, and spool pin.
The materials of manufacture are not first class, much less, but offer good finishes, but possibly with blows can be damaged.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Ideal sewing machine for beginners who have never had a sewing machine
- Practical, useful, versatile, manageable, comfortable and simple to use
- The value for money of this sewing machine is quite interesting and attractive
- Make stitches effective, accurate and with optimal results
- The sewing machine of recognized and prestigious brand
- This machine allows to take the tap automatically
- It hardly makes noise during its use, avoiding unnecessary inconvenience during the use of this machine
- It perfectly fulfills the expectations expected. For the price you have, you can not ask for more
- It is ideal for sewing practically any fabric, including jeans
- It includes numerous accessories and accessories that will facilitate the sewing
- It has light to ensure a better view of each stitch that is made with the machine
- It is not recommended for professional use
- It has very few functions and stitch programs, but for beginners, it is more than enough
- The instructions only come in German, although they can be downloaded in Spanish through the website of the brand
- The instructions are quite short, missing information
- It is a very heavy machine to move it from one place to another continuously
- It takes up a lot of space, so a good hole is needed for its location
Questions and Answers from Customers
- Can you use any type of thread or should it be a special child?
It is not necessary, any type of thread will serve you.
- Can anyone tell me if this machine can sew elastic canvas?
I do not think you can sew elastic canvas with this machine. It is ideal for jeans, cotton, and conventional fabrics, but doubt that it serves you for what you need.
- Does this sewing machine have an electric pedal?
Yes, it brings it, but the truth is that it is quite light and can escape. I recommend that you hold it to the floor using adhesive.
- Does it include any kind of cover?
Yes, although it is not to transport it or avoid blows. It is rather a case that protects it from dust without further ado.
You May Also Like to Read