Columbus Day Quotes: Columbus Day was unofficially celebrated since the late 18th century and the beginning of 20th century marked an official celebration of Columbus Day with many celebration ideas including Columbus Day Parade.
Columbus Day Quotes
On October 12, 1492 Christopher Columbus discovered America, after a journey of more than two months by the Atlantic sea reached the American continent thinking it was India, from that date began to consolidate.
The community of all peoples and nations who share a language and Hispanic culture. The 23 nations that are included in it are all Spanish speakers except the Philippines, and can be classified into four geographical areas: Spain, Latin America Hispanic (Hispanic America), Hispanic Africa and, finally, could include the Hispanic-Pacific.
Every October 12 Columbus Day is celebrated commemorating the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus. It is the national holiday of Spain and is celebrated in other Hispanic countries. Columbus day is a big day in America and it is celebrated Every year in United States in the month of October on the Second Monday. Columbus day 2018 will be celebrated on 12th October, 2018.
Columbus Day is celebrated all over the United States to mark the “Discovery of America”. Every year, the second Monday of October is a big day for the Americans. All over America is given a break on that day and splendid celebration can be seen with nearly 35,000 marchers, over 100 groups including bands and nearly one million viewers.
So if you are looking have some humor on this second Monday of October, i.e. Columbus Day? Here you go with few Funny Columbus Day Quotes, which you can share on your social site profiles like facebook, twitter and google plus.
Columbus Day Quotes
Know the phrases of Christopher Columbus:
- “I want to go to the Indies from the west. The earth is round.”
- “The sea will give each man a new hope, as sleep gives him dreams”
- “Find happiness in your work or you’ll never be happy.”
- “They love their neighbors as themselves, and they have the sweetest speech in the world, and gentle and always with laughter.” (Referring to the natives)
- “ A couturier must be an architect for plans, a sculptor for form, a painter for color, a musician for harmony and a philosopher for measurement”.
- But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.– Carl Sagan
- America’s one of the finest countries anyone ever stole.
– Bobcat Goldthwaite
- If America had been discovered as many times as I have, no one would remember Columbus.
– Sean Connery
- If Columbus had an advisory committee he would probably still be at the dock.
– Arthur J. Goldberg
- Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn’t a lot of strokes when you consider the course.
– Lee Trevino
- Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian.
– Robert Orben
FAMOUS PHRASES OF CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS
He was a navigator and cartographer at the service of the Crown of Castile, famous for having made the so-called discovery of America on October 12, 1492.
- Find happiness in your work or you will never be happy.
- A couturier must be an architect for the plans, a sculptor for the form, a painter for the color, a musician for harmony and a philosopher for the measure.
- I want to go to the Indies from the west. The earth is round.
- In fourteen hundred ninety-two,
Columbus got us all a day off school.
With just three ships he sailed over,
So we could have some me time in October.
~Trey Parker, “Holiday Special,” South Park [S21, E3, 2017, Cartman]
- One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. ~André Gide, The Counterfeiters, 1925, translated from French
- If Columbus had an advisory committee he’d probably still be at the dock. ~Arthur J. Goldberg (1908–1990)
In all parts of the Old World, as well as of the New, it was evident that Columbus had kindled a fire in every mariner’s heart. That fire was the harbinger of a new era, for it was not to be
- extinguished. ~Charles Kendall Adams, Christopher Columbus: His Life and His Work, 1892
- Young men! I invite you to honest, prayerful heart-study. Every man has in himself a continent of undiscovered character. Happy is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul! ~Rev. T. L. Cuyler, “Heart Study,” c.1856
- Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn’t a lot of strokes when you consider the course. ~Lee Trevino, quoted in Glenn Liebman, Golf Shorts, 1995
- The things that haven’t been done before,
Those are the things to try.
Columbus dreamed of an unknown shore
At the rim of the far-flung sky,
And his heart was bold and his faith was strong
As he ventured with dangers new,
And he paid no heed to the jeering throng
Or the fears of a doubting crew…
~Anonymous, “Things Not Done Before,” c.1915
- When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before the white man came, an Indian said simply, “Ours.” ~Vine Deloria, Jr.
You May Also Read
- Columbus Day in New York
- Columbus Day Italians
- Happy Veterans Day Wishes
- Veterans Day Freebies
- Veterans Day Quotes
- Happy Halloween Quotes
- Halloween Images
- Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- Halloween Pumpkin Coloring Pages Free
- Happy Thanksgiving Cards