How to Dress When You Are Overweight: The stereotypes of beauty are changing and expiring every day. Each type of body, hair, and face is unique and beautiful in its own way. Some women become overwhelmed when they begin to gain weight.
If something has taught us life and fashion, it is that a woman is more beautiful when she accepts her own body and beauty as she is, demonstrating a good attitude and image towards the world.
Nowadays stereotypes have been transformed, and that absurd belief that a woman to be considered beautiful has to be extremely thin has been left in the past.
However, not all stores sell oversized clothing, which can be discouraging and frustrating. The key is to locate those stores that do distribute garments in all sizes, including yours. It is important that you know your body and its different forms very well so that you do not make mistakes when selecting clothing items.
5 Ways How to Dress When You Are Overweight
To help you look more beautiful, sensual and to make the most of your curves, we explain 5 ways to get dressed if you are overweight :
1. Pants: Wear high-cut trousers (that reach the waist), with a good fall and do not squeeze. Adjusted is not the same as tight. While you want to accentuate your curves, it is not attractive or much less comfortable than a trouser suffocates you and it takes a lot of work to put it on. Avoid pants with large prints, opts rather for solid color pants, and the faithful black color.
Also, avoid pants with pockets or very large details and those that are too wide. Always opt for straight cuts, never wide boot, since they will make you look much wider, or tube type boot, since they will make you look more caderona.
2. Blouses and shirts: Always choose the correct size, the one that best suits you. If you want to wear prints, opt for those delicate and small prints, and accompanied by black trousers or skirt, to stylize your figure. Look for blouses that reach below the navel to disguise the abdomen a little. Look for feminine garments that make you look sensual, without falling into the vulgar.
Dress according to the details you want to conceal, and highlight those you want to accentuate. Avoid bulky or very high necks (booby, bib, and turtleneck), these create much more volume in the upper part of your body.
3. Dresses: Not because of being a little plump you have to wear grandma dresses, which cover your entire body. The trick is to select a dress of a flattering fabric for your figure, as well as its shape. You can wear short dresses, as long as you feel comfortable and do not show others.
Choose a dress that accentuates your curves, that is tight but comfortable, dispenses with the baggy dresses that will make you look bigger. Opt for uni-colored dresses, or with vertical stripes, never horizontal. Escape the fabrics ‘stretch’ or lycra type, these tend to accentuate the damage.
Look for dresses with V-shaped neckline and tight at the waist, this way you create an ‘hourglass’ shape that greatly stylizes your figure.
4. Skirts: The best choice for you are bell-type or A-cut skirts and pencil-type skirts (tube), which visually reduce the size of your waist and abdomen and accentuate your hips. Avoid completely the balloon skirts, since these will make you look more round.
5. Jackets and accessories: The jackets will allow you to hide a lot, as long as they are appropriate. Avoid wearing closed jackets, those that are too big and that have pockets at the height of your bust. The accessories are your best allies to redefine your figure and style. Use thin and unicolor belts to define your waist, the wide belts shorten you making you look shorter, and visually create a more rounded figure.
Avoid the scarves that completely cover your neck and chest, this creates much more volume in the upper part of your body. And the best accessory that you must carry is your trust and authenticity.