How to Make Apple Strudel Recipe: To Change the Traditional Apple Pie, Try the Apple Strudel.
Traditional Apple Strudel Recipe
- Preparation: 30 min
- Baking: 1 hour
- Rest: 15 min
- Portions: 4-8
Apple Strudel Recipe ingredients
- 400g puff pastry homemade or trade
- 12 medium-sized apple
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4-6 c. tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 c. tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 beaten egg
- 1-2 c. tablespoons confectionery or granulated sugar
- Peel the apples and cut them into small quarters. Do not take the heart.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Put the apples and granulated sugar in the microwave for 3-4 minutes to soften the apples.
- Remove the apple juice and keep it aside.
- Dilute the starch (3 tablespoons for about 1 t of juice) in the apple juice and cook 15-30 seconds in the microwave; mix well.
- Put the thickened juice back with the apples.
- Spread the puff pastry in the square, about 5mm thick.
- Pour the apples onto the puff pastry, leaving 1 inch on each side.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on the apples.
- Roll the dough with the apples on top to make a roll, put the strudel on a plate with parchment paper. Put the closure on the bottom and close the sides by folding down the excess paste underneath.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar to confectionery or granulated.
- Bake for about 1 hour in the oven; the bottom should be well browned. Let cool 15-30min before eating.
This strudel is delicious yet hot with vanilla ice cream.