Easy Empanada Recipe : The meat pies are one of the most typical dishes of Argentina but globalization has made it an international dish. The mixture of the dough with the meat and the filling make it a very nutritious and rich dish. In addition, they have a great contrast of flavors due to the final touch that is given sprinkling a pinch of powdered sugar. Original truth? we explain step by step how to make an exquisite meat pie.
24 people | 1h 30m | Starter | Difficulty low
Additional features: Average cost, Baked, Argentine Recipes
For the mass:
- 4 cups of flour (560 grams)
- 1 Cup of vegetable shortening
- 1 Cup of margarine (225 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups of ice water
- ½ Teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ Kilogram of Ground Beef
For the filling:
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 1½ cups of oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of pepper
- 1 Pinch of paprika or paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground chili pepper or to taste
- 3 Units of Eggs cooked in pieces
- 6 units of chopped olives
- 1 Unit of egg yolk
- 1 Teaspoon of milk
- 0.1 Kilogram of powdered sugar
Steps to Follow to Make Easy Empanada Recipe:
1. To make the dough of the meat patties first mix the flour, salt and baking powder with the butter and margarine.
2. Work the dough with a pastry cutter or 2 knives until it looks like oatmeal. Use your hands as little as possible.
4. To make the filling of the meat patties you must follow the following steps: fry the onion in the oil until it is transparent. Then add the minced meat seasoned with salt and pepper, paprika or paprika, mix well and cook until golden. Then remove the filling from the heat and let it cool.
6. Place a portion of the filling on each disk and place a piece of hard-boiled egg on it. If desired, a piece of olive is also placed.
7. Moisten the edges of the minced meat pie with water and fold the disc in half covering the filling. Glue the edges pressing with your fingers.
8. Place stuffed empanadas in oiled and floured cans . Mix the yolk with the milk and varnish them with this mixture.
9. Take the meat patties in the oven at 400 ° F (200 ° C) for 20 minutes until golden brown.
10. Let them cool and sprinkle powdered sugar on top . Be careful not to put too much because the meat patties are rich when you mix lightly the salty meat with the sweetness of the sugar.