For having the best original script and best adapted script, respectively
The films ” Get Out ” and ” Call Me By Your Name ” were today the winners of the Writers’ Guild Awards (WGA) for taking the awards to the best original screenplay and best adapted screenplay , respectively.
The Mexican Guillermo del Toro was nominated for “The Shape of Water” with Vanessa Taylor in the section of best original script, but finally this recognition went to Jordan Peele for “Get Out”.
They also opted for this statuette “The Big Sick”, “I, Tonya” and “Lady Bird”.
For his part, James Ivory of “Call Me By Your Name” was imposed in the dispute for the best script award adapted to “The Disaster Artist”, “Logan”, “Molly’s Game” and “Mudbound”.
The WGA awards, which were held today with two simultaneous galas in Los Angeles and New York, also recognized “The Handmaid’s Tale” in the drama section and “Veep” in the category of best television comedy.
Also, the script of “Jane” was the winner in the documentaries.
You may also like to read
- You Would Never Believe What Melania and Donald Trump Do When There are No Cameras In Front
- 7 couples of famous co-stars who did not get along like Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall
- Pastrana asks that Castro be prevented from participating in the Summit of the Americas
- Sorrentino and Bertolucci, against the closure of a summer cinema in Rome
- The Bolivian frog that has been looking for a female to mate for 9 years